Sunday, December 14, 2014

"Pneu à Terre" Introduction

I work at Esri, a GIS software firm in Redlands California.  I plan to retire in early 2015, sell my house, and take a shot at the full-time RV (Recreational Vehicle) life.  Or perhaps life-style.  We'll see.



Events are falling into place rapidly, so some background.

But first:  "Pneu à Terre"?  

I was talking with a friend a while back about my plans and he asked, "You're selling your house?  Won't you have a pied à terre somewhere? -- evoking the french phrase for "a small living unit usually located in a large city some distance away from an individual's primary residence" literally: a "foot on the ground".  

I replied that the RV would be my primary residence, but having just signed up for Jojoba Hills, I would have a "Pneu à Terre" ("tire on the ground") for when I wasn't on the road in my coach.

But that's getting 'way ahead of the story.....


No comments:

Post a Comment